Being a landlord has it's challenges, especially in today's world where renters have as much rights as you do. Trying to find the right tenant for your home can be very difficult at times, you need an experienced realtor to help you with the process. MyDaddyHomes have been helping Landlords with their real estate needs since 1986, we would like to do the same for you.
How to go about finding a tenant:
1. Needs and wants: We meet with you to understand your wants, needs and the type of tenant you would like to have rent your property.
2. Property Inspection: We inspect your property to ensure it meets minimum standards of occupancy: The landlord and tenant board mandates certain minimum standards for rental properties.
3. Lease Price: We work with you in setting a competitive lease price for your property. If your property is listed too high, prospective tenants will not consider your rental unit.
4. Marketing: Your property is listed on the MLS systems of the Toronto Real Estate Board and Realtor.ca, MyDaddyHomes.com and other popular internet websites
5. Property Viewing: All viewings are booked through our RE/MAX Real Estate Centre office, we keep a complete record of who showed your home at what day and time. Your home security is important to us.
6. Offer submission: Realtors are informed about the criteria that must accompany all offers. We review with you the offer and ensure that it meets with your requirements. Here is an example of the contents of an offer:
7. Rental Application: The tenant must fill out a rental application that details the required information about the tenant.
8 Credit Check: The tenant must submit a credit report along with a credit score with the offer to lease. An average to a good credit score is a indicator that the tenant is a good credit risk. Lease approval is always dependent on a satisfactory credit check.
9. Income Verification: The tenant must submit a job letter and other as required documents to show proof of income to support the monthly rental obligations.
10. First And Last Months Rent: The tenant must submit by way of a money order, a certified cheque or bank draft for the first and last month's rent within 24 hours of the acceptance to lease.
11. Transfer Of Utilities: We ensure that you have all the right paperwork required to transfer the applicable utilities from the Landlord to the tenant
12. Post Dated Cheques: The tenant on day of closing will provide to you 10 post-dated cheques to cover the rent for the balance of the term of the lease
13. Taking Possession: We accompany you on closing day to ensure that all necessary closing day activities are taken care off and you have a hassle free closing.
Summary: We treat landlords with the same care as we do with Buyers, Sellers and Renters. When you are looking to rent your home or condo, there is one name to remember "MyDaddyHomes" we treat you as family, Please fill out the form below to contact us today.